Thursday, August 20, 2009

Africa!

I'm exhausted- so this will prob. be pretty short, BUT I wanted to give ya'll a quick vip update (hope to give more details later, but at this point not sure that's gonna happen...so we're going with the basics:). I've been meaning to email ya'll but with all the 13 hr. work days, etc...trying to get ready for this trip it just hasn't happened (CRAZY busy...work has been out of control...thought I'd have more time...yeah...not so much). SO the big news, I'm leaving for a Mission Trip to Kenya thru JFBC August 24 –September 3, 2009! Here's a little info. about it:


Team Members:


Lawrence Benson

Brian Fox (Leader)

Iraj Ghanouni

John Herzer

Bill Marsh

Lauren Sims

Glen Taylor

Judy Taylor

I'm the youngest one. Brian Fox is the closest to my age at 38:) Most are over the age of 50 and married...really didn't think this was the trip I was suppose to go on...BUT the Lord thought otherwise...should be neat to see what He's going to do!


Few Of The Activities We Will Be Doing:


•Conducting two medical clinics


•Leading Men’s and Women’s Conferences (extra prayers- I'll be speaking for part of it- over an hour- feel very unprepared, nervous, and inadequate- will be over 120 Kenyan woman there- pray the Lord gives me the words to say & speaks thru me)


•Leading Marriage Conference (ironic...yeah...hahah...still waiting on my rock... was thinking what do i have to offer...really felt like this wasn't the trip for me and in the meeting when that thought 1st ran thru my mind...Wayne W. the original trip leader stopped in the middle of the meeting and what he was saying and said, "Lauren you will be PERFECT for this trip. The young girls at First Love International are going to LOVE you:) Sweet...so the Lord affirmed me quick, hah


•Visiting Kibera and Nakuru Reserve


•Speaking at local churches in Nakuru


Prayer Requests:

  • battling spiritual warfare (esp. this week- everything that could be thrown at me- physically, emotionally, spiritually, work, personal, etc...everything that could happen has)- guess the Lord is really going to move
  • prepare the Kenyan's hearts
  • personal request- might share later- but that the Lord will speak to me on this trip (w/o distractions) direct me & make it clear

–That we will…

be spiritually prepared and will submit to God’s leadership


• focus on God’s agenda, allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us


• be filled with God’s love & compassion, and that it shows to Kenyans and each other


• have safe travels and that those around us see Christ through our actions an words


• follow God’s leading as we try to disciple those precious men and women at the conferences


• minister to the sick children and adults to help them physically and spiritually


• be guided to worship at the churches where we can best minister and encourage


• function as a Christ-centered team


• be safe and healthy for the whole trip


Scriptural Encouragements:


• Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the

gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to

salvation for everyone who believes, for the

Jews first and also for the Greek.”


• Colossians 3:23, “Whatever you do, work at it

with all of your heart, as working for the Lord,

not for men…”


• Hebrews 10:24-25, “And let us consider one

another in order to stir up love and good

works, not forsaking the assembling of

yourselves together, as is the manner of

some, but exhorting one another, and so much

the more as you see the Day approaching.”



SORRY I haven't gotten to write a/b this before now:(just ran out of time:) I'm SUPER excited!!! Glad I finally got to share with ya'll!

2128 Hemingway Lane

Roswell, Ga 30075 (for those of you that said you wanted to support me financially...it's not too late:) Please keep us in your prayers!THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! Looking forward to what the Lord will do!!! La

3 comments:

  1. Lauren! I will praying for you everyday girl. Thanks for the update on your trip, I've been wondering about it. What an amazing thing you are going to be a part of... can't wait to see what the Lord does! Love you, see you tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Cant wait to hear what the Lord does through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank ya'll! Love you too! SO excited, L

    ReplyDelete